Citect to SLC500 communication help required

Hi Chelton, thanks for the reply again. l have tried your example but are you not talking to the PLC via a 1747_KE (using KE500 protocol) and not direct to the CPU serial, as l tried (with driver removed from RSlinx) and it comes up with "bad" comm's. I have also tried different combinations of Board type and I/O Device Protocols with no luck. Comes up with "Ports Board used with different protocols.
In changing CPU Ch0 to half duplex l take it that l need a Board type suitable for half duplex and/or the same for I/O device protocols but in my drop down menu l cant see/find one. Also if l use the wizard it does have a half duplex driver for the I/O but this does't enable comms either. Please find attached my options.
Any hints? Regards

c1Untitled.jpg C2.jpg

Hi Chelton, thanks for the reply again. l have tried your example but are you not talking to the PLC via a 1747_KE (using KE500 protocol) and not direct to the CPU serial, as l tried (with driver removed from RSlinx) and it comes up with "bad" comm's. I have also tried different combinations of Board type and I/O Device Protocols with no luck. Comes up with "Ports Board used with different protocols.
In changing CPU Ch0 to half duplex l take it that l need a Board type suitable for half duplex and/or the same for I/O device protocols but in my drop down menu l cant see/find one. Also if l use the wizard it does have a half duplex driver for the I/O but this does't enable comms either. Please find attached my options.
Any hints? Regards

In my example I am communicating directly with the CPU. Check that you have a space after the node number in the address field 1 -BCC not 1-BCC also post a screen shot of your complete config including the "Ports"

In my example I am communicating directly with the CPU. Check that you have a space after the node number in the address field 1 -BCC not 1-BCC also post a screen shot of your complete config including the "Ports"

Also change the CPU to half-duplex slave and save the configuration then make sure You can go online with the processor using the df1 driver in rslinx setup as half-duplex master. This will check your cabling and CPU configuration

Hi Chelton, trying to talk to CPU using RSlinx half duplex driver. Currently won't auto config using PLC-CH0 or allow me to talk to PLC unconfiged. So will get that talking first before trying to talk direct to Citect. I changed address to
1 -BCC which l had incorrect. Will be playing later today.
Regards Kevin

Hi Chelton, trying to talk to CPU using RSlinx half duplex driver. Currently won't auto config using PLC-CH0 or allow me to talk to PLC unconfiged. So will get that talking first before trying to talk direct to Citect. I changed address to
1 -BCC which l had incorrect. Will be playing later today.
Regards Kevin

1- Go online to CPU with rslogix500
2- change ch0 config to be half-duplex slave @ 9600
3- apply settings
4- assuming you were online with the df1 full duplex driver comms will now be lost.
5- open rslinx edit df1 driver change to half-duplex and do an auto config.

Hi Chelton have tried to com thru half duplex without any luck. Have tried BCC, CRC, different baud rates, changed at CPU and then linx driver, SLC-CH0, PLC-CH0. It wont auto-config.
When l change to half duplex on CPU it drops the speed back to 1200. Have tried that at both ends and still cant talk.
Changed timeout times as well, as 3000 is default
l would like to get this to work some how for my own knowledge, but not paramount as l can do it via full duplex and Linx.
Regards

Hi Chelton have tried to com thru half duplex without any luck. Have tried BCC, CRC, different baud rates, changed at CPU and then linx driver, SLC-CH0, PLC-CH0. It wont auto-config.
When l change to half duplex on CPU it drops the speed back to 1200. Have tried that at both ends and still cant talk.
Changed timeout times as well, as 3000 is default
l would like to get this to work some how for my own knowledge, but not paramount as l can do it via full duplex and Linx.
Regards

How are you connected to the CPU? DH+ or DF1 on RS-232?

If you are connected via DF1 and you change the Ch0 configuration I would expect the communications to be lost until you re-configure your RSlinx driver.

The processor will need to be in program mode for the changes to occur.

Hi Chelton, l am talking to the CPU via USB-serial RS232 DF1 full duplex driver.
I then go to CPU CH0 and change the CH0 to half duplex, BBC. Going into program mode, then confirm changes and get told I'm about to loose comms. Go ahead/goes offline/.
When l try then to get comms back to CPU via half duplex change on the linx driver config, it wont auto config. As l have said l have tried all sorts of combinations of BBC,CRC, Baud rate changes, device changes on the DF1 half duplex linx driver. To do the changes back on CH0 l have to remove power/battery from CPU short out the memory Cap's to then default the CPU so l can then re-establish comms via full duplexDF1, where l have tried all sorts of combinations changers there including BBC,CRC, baud rates,time out times. the only one l haven't tried is to turn change no hand shake, but that is for for full duplex modem.
Changing Full duplex source ID=9, half duplex slave = 1, baud= 1200
Also tried changing CH0 user settings as well. baud 1200, half duplex continuous carrier
From a previous thread where it was said, when you change to half duplex serial it becomes very awkward with polling issues.
Regards

Hi Chelton, finally got auto config to work, but cant see PLC. Info in attached.It will auto config linx with CRC or BBC with CH0 set on BBC
Regards

auto configed half duplex.jpg configed 2.jpg configed 3.jpg configed 4.jpg

Hi Chelton, finally got auto config to work, but cant see PLC. Info in attached.It will auto config linx with CRC or BBC with CH0 set on BBC
Regards

You have the same node number configured for the driver in rslinx and the node number of the plc. The default station/node number in rslinx in "0".

Hi Chelton, the only way it will auto config is station# 01. Have also tried shut down on CH0 (no ASC11, seeing l aren't connecting anything else) user with no luck. Also tried half duplex master with no luck.

Hi Chelton, the only way it will auto config is station# 01. Have also tried shut down on CH0 (no ASC11, seeing l aren't connecting anything else) user with no luck. Also tried half duplex master with no luck.

Have you tried setting the driver manually? You know the settings you are setting the 5/04 too. 9600,8,N,1 half-duplex slave.

I'm sure the standard Df1 driver will work with a single slave device set as a half-duplex slave. If there was more than 1 salve you would need to use the df1 polling master driver. Someone else should be able to confirm.

Hi Chelton, now have linx to cpu auto configed and talking. Have changed SLC program via half duplex. Needed to change driver and CH0 to node #11. Have now deleted linx half duplex driver and trying to talk direct with citect and cpu. Have "Bad" comms up (did manage to change my Test text "OFF/ON" once from 'Bad" to "off" then it went "Bad" again. But am going thru trying all the board/port/I/O device settings.
Regards

Hi Chelton, now have linx to cpu auto configed and talking. Have changed SLC program via half duplex. Needed to change driver and CH0 to node #11. Have now deleted linx half duplex driver and trying to talk direct with citect and cpu. Have "Bad" comms up (did manage to change my Test text "OFF/ON" once from 'Bad" to "off" then it went "Bad" again. But am going thru trying all the board/port/I/O device settings.
Regards

Your node number in the citect io devices form will need to match the node number you have set on the plc CPU. If you've used node 11 the address will be 11 -BCC