Micrologix 1500 IO limitation

sandymax

Hi,
i will like to know the limitation for Micrologix 1500
AI =46 AO=45 DI = 91 DO= 92
the system is having above datapoints i am considering cusing 8 Data point modulels
Number of Modules
AI= 8 AO = 8 DI = 3 DO= 3

Can i go for Micro logix using above configuration , i am not sure but i need another power supply

thanks
Sandymax

Last edited:
MicroLogix 1500 controller systems can include up to 16 Compact I/O modules.

Even with 8-point analog modules and 32-point discrete modules, you will require 6 + 6 + 3 + 3 = 18 modules.

You could use an SLC, or a CompactLogix controller for a system of this scope.

With that much analog I/O, I suspect that you would also be pressed for program memory to handle all the presumed process control logic.

I second Ken's recommendation for using a SLC. There is a broader range of I/O modules available, plus more communication options.

Another added benefit is the ability to use remote I/O if required, and on-line programming. On-line programming has huge advantages for startup / debugging.
:nodi:

Maybe sandimac wants to use the PLC as a "remote IO" then program memory should be OK. If not, I would choose nowadays CompactLogix with Ethernet.

But yep, there is a limit (16 modules)in ML1500