OT...Las Vegas!!

darrenj

Well its sort of vacation time..and i am heading out to downtown las vegas tommorow morning...Any reconmendations?? Aside from the Slots and tables !!! So far we are booked at the MGM and seeing "Danny Gans" tuesday night..

Thanks

And have fun slaving away for the next week!!!! :)

Darren

Last time I was in Vegas it was 50 deg F outside. The Luxor, MGM & Treasure Island, were all under construction, and I got one of the last flights over the Grand Canyon. Forget gambaling....go for a ride on the Roller Coaster on that "space needle" thing.. Must do for a technical guy is a visit to the Hoover Dam. aslo check out the laser show on main street downtown.

Whatch your wallet...& good luck.

lol, elevmike's space needle is the Startosphere and its up the strip toward town. Even the ride to the top is worth it provided you're okay with heights.

I haven't been there in a few years but I'm itching to go back. Probably at Superbowl or during March Madness. Good Luck!

jstolaruk said:
lol, elevmike's space needle is the Startosphere and its up the strip toward town. Even the ride to the top is worth it provided you're okay with heights.

Thanks, I couldnt think of it...

heights are no problem...unless your talking about more than 6'..LOL..I had heard about the light show on main street..so i will check that out..As for the Hoover dam i am going with my wife..(The least technical person anyone could meet!!) who should also be the Poster person for Gamblers anonymous!! so i will try to get there if i can pull the wife away from the slots..(I wouldn't leave her there alone..I may not have a house or kids when i get back!!)

Thanks

Darren

If you almost run out of money, driving to the Grand Canyon is not out of the question. If I remember correctly, it's about a four hour drive. My wife and I were in Vegas about 5 years ago, and took one day to drive and see the Canyon. It is amazing, you have an image in your mind, but when you see it for the first time, you realize your scale was way to low.

Ken

Vegas baby, Vegas.

Swingers_Vegas_Baby.jpg

Last time I was there, I left with nothing but a hangover and a receipt from Fatburger at 6:01 AM, Sunday.

Vegas, baby !