Omron c200H

gordie

Hello

Just made an inquiry on a cable fro communication between this unit and a laptop and recieved the layout from a member http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=74 (thanks Bob!) I see that pin 2 goesa to 2 , 3 to 3 , and 5 to 7. Now are RTS and CTS (4 and 5) just jumped together and nothing else or do the in turn go to the other side. Do any of you have the time to explain this layout any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Guys - Gordie

If person A is talking he's using his mouth to talk, But the other guy (person B), on the other end is using his ear to listen. Basiclly that's why send and recive are swapped.

Run the 3 wires and install the jumpers exactly like they are shown for each plug.

Make sure your cable pieces are the correct type to plug into the laptop and CPU. I have seen a couple built that used the wrong gender and the tech wondered why they did not work.

Comms wiring for C200H

PLC Laptop
-------------------------------------------
1 1 Shield
2 2 Rx
3 3 Tx
4 link to 5 Rs/Cs 4 link to 6 Dtr/Dsr
7 link to 8 Rs/Cs

9 5 signal ground

Cheers
Dave
scantime

re submit wiring layout

Sorry last submit looked a bit odd

PLC---------------------Laptop
-------------------------------------------
1-----------------------> 1 Shield
2-----------------------> 2 Rx
3-----------------------> 3 Tx
4 link to 5 Rs/Cs...............4 link to 6 Dtr/Dsr
.....................................7 link to 8 Rs/Cs

9------------------------> 5 signal ground

If this is unclear drop me an email [email protected]

Cheers
Dave
scantime

I have SYSWIN v3.4. PLC C200H CPU21. Communication Module C200H-LK201-V1.
The module is set as SW1=0, SW2=0, SW3=5 (9600Baud) and SW4=2 (ASCII 7 bit Even parity 2 Stop).
The cable pinout is just like Dave shows previously.

When I go to Online>>Connect, the RCV on the Module blinks like 3 times, then the SYSWIN opens a window: SYSWIN Comunication Error, NO HEADER IN RECEIVED BLOCK.

If I go to Project>>Comunications.. once the Serial Comunication Settings Opens, Shows everythink according to the setting on the Module LK201 and If I hit TEST PLC, opens the same windows (NO HEADER IN RECIEVED BLOCK) additional to that I have in the status: BLOCK FORMAT ERROR - CODE 08.

I have check all the possible settings for SW4 as the W143 manual shows, but there is no suscess comunication.

Any ideas about what should be done to fix this problem I get the communication online to check the program?
Thanks for your help,
Philip

Searching in the forums, I found:
On the front of the 201 :
SW 1/2 = position 0 (node)
SW 3 = 5 (baud rate)
SW 4 = 2 (data)

on the rear of the card 1+2 off , 3+4 on
CTS 0V switch set to 0V

I did the changes on the rear switches, and now the communication is OK.

Ah!!! Have not seen that message for a long time - long time since I used Syswin.
Check your settings - if Syswin is set to 1:1 communications then set 1:N, if set 1:N then set to 1:1. There is a different header length for 1:1 and 1:N. If I remember correctly Syswin has to be set 1:N but follow the advice above.