Full source upload

Avner

Hello friends

We, at Unitronics allow a full source upload in our PLCs.
It means that one downloads a ladder logic application to the PLC all the data will go down with it, including all remarks and symbols.
I was wondering if you could tell me if many PLCs do the same in modules, which cost less the 1K$.
Thank you in advance

The Omron Micro Series of plcs allow download of symbols only (not enough memory for remarks (comments)). They include CPM2A, CPM2C, CQM1,and CQM1H - all of which list for under $1K.

The Mitsubishi FX and A series (FX** with more than 1K mem) allow comments to be downloaded with the ladder. At the cost of program steps in blocks of 500 steps.

Allowing storage of remarks (comments) and symbols (nicknames?) to be stored is an advantage, but I personally don't like making register downloads with logic downloads mandatory (ala A-B SLC). It is incredibly annoying to go through gyrations to avoid overwriting setpoints and tuning when I make downloads of logic changes.

Hi, Thanks all

And Tom, I was only referring to the flash components, not the value of registers, which sit in the RAM memory (for that we have a different tool).

And another remark, in our Unitronics case, the download of all the remarks and symbols goes to a different place in the RAM and has nothing to do with the size of the Ladder steps.

Do all of these controllers allow also not avoiding download of this data in order to save download time while still debagging?

Thanks for the answers