automation direct dl06

Unregistered

U
i have a project needing 16 inputs to be monitored, giving outputs when inputs open, and to sound a horn on each occurance, but be able to silence horn , using directsoft 32 software to program the dl06

Not quite shure I understand the question, if any...

If the question is: "can the dl06 do this", I would say the answer is YES.

sorry about not being clear about question, but i do know this model plc will do the required tasks, but i am unfamiliar with the directsoft32 programming software and programming structions, addressing bits, i am sorry to say a allen bradley man, and tech support for da is closed until tue 5 july. so my question is do u have any ideas that might help me complete the tasks i needed?

Sure, here is a procedure that will nearly always work.

1. Make a list of yor Outputs.
2. Insert a rung for each Output, adding labels and comments to identify what each output does.
3. Add Inputs on the left side to make the Outputs do what you need to do.
4. Add comments to the Inputs.
5. Test and modify your program.

I think the problem is more in how to use the instructions with the DL06. If I read the task properly you need ANY ONE of the 16 inputs, when open, to sound an alarm but with the ability to silence the alarm....2 questions.
1. When you say OPEN do you mean as in a normally closed switch that opens?
2. Do you want to silence the alarm even if the input is still "open"?

When you open DirectSoft goto File then create a New Project, a list box will popup and select the DL05 then name the project.

When you get the ladder in view you can go to Edit in toolbar then scroll down and click Edit Mode. NOTE: Ctrl+E will also put you in Edit Mode. Once in edit mode you will see toolbar with contacts, coils, boxes etc. If you click the icon that looks like 3 boxes you will get all of the instructions listed under Box, Coil, or Contact. If you click the contact tab then it will offer Standard Contacts (same as XIO and XIC, X data type), Differetial are leading edge or positive edge "one shots". Coils can be internal bits (C or control relay type)or outputs (Y data type. When you insert an instruction you can double-click it and a window will open to set the address, on this little window will be 3 icons, the right had icon will take you to the data table where you can add names, description and wiring info.

Just insert your instructions where you want them, if you need to branch down you can goto Edit (toolbar) then click WIRE, this will show you how to put in a wire or remove it...ie wire is the line that makes a branch.

If the DL06 is available to connect too then set it up with some inputs and a light for an output then experiment with the instructions. If you know ladder all you will need is to learn where the instructions are and how to address. Help Index will explain Element Types...ie X, Y, C etc.

I am sure I left alot out but if you have more questions just ask.

Unregistered said:
...i am sorry to say a allen bradley man
Are you saying that you would have no problems writing this in RSLogix? If so, then post how you would do this in RSLogix, and we'd be happy to help with the conversion.

This sounds like a very simple program, but there are a zillion ways it could be written. Post how YOU would write it in RSLogix, so we know YOUR method of programming. Then we can give you a DirectSOFT version that you will understand... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

P.S. This also will prove to us that you're not just looking for homework questions... ;)

thank you rsdoran, the c memory bits is what i needed, and as for eric thanks for your unconstructive criticism, to be perfectly honest is rslogix id use a input bit paralleled with a latch bit and a seal in contact bit going to a memory bit coil, then on the following run i would used a ack input paralleled with a horn output bit series with the memory bit coil contact to an output bit to the horn , making these two lines 16 times more to accomodate for all my requirements. but, being as a first time user of the dl06 and directsoft 32 i only knew of the input and output addressing and the online manual is very lacking to say the least, so once again thanks for all ur help.

1)I though Eric's offer was very generous to say the least.
2)The online manual is the COMPLETE manual; did you download the "entire" version? IMHO AD has the best written manuals in the busniess.
3) You can latch an output bit; all you need to to is select SET Y0, or Y whatever...Same for reseting it.

Unregistered,

You need to give more details to get better responses.

Here is an Automation Direct DL-06 program that I called "Sixteen_Inputs". That is the best title I could think of, based on what you have said. It is only a modification of a alarm routine that I have been using for years. It flashes the alarm or horn in a 2-digit code for each individual alarm input.

I'm not sure if there's 16 horns or one? Either way how are you going to distinguish which alarm is tripped via the horn or horns? If you have 16 horns, do they all sound different? If you have one horn you could output CW code to the horn; Alarm A= *-, Alarm B= -***, and so on...

sorry i didnt elaborate more sooner. what i was planning was monitoring 16 inputs, so that when one of the 16 input devices opened the circuit it would send an output to a horn( a single horn with wailing tones)and to a output to a corresponding lite (each 16 point input having its own output light), after the horn and light output activated being able to silence horn out but keeping light output on until that input circuit closed.that way so if any other input opened it would be able to activate the horn and light for it.

There's a slight problem. Your system requires 17 outputs..so you will need to purchase an option output module. OR..you could use a display.

i am using model d0-06dd1-d, also have installed on unit is a d0-10nd3, and a do-10td1