DF1 to LonWorks

ejessen

I have two Floating Point registers in MicroLogix 1500 that have to be read by a system communicating on Lonworks.

Has anyone tried that?

My thoughts are to get a gateway device. www.anybus.com suggests a Communicator that could link the two together, using Modbus RTU Master from the PLC to send the data to the Communicator and Lonworks to read it from the Communicator.

Does Modbus RTU support Floating Point? And is it presentet as IEEE floating point or do I have to swap upper-lower word?

Any thoughts?

Similar Topics

I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I appreciate any help to make connection between AB DF1 Micrologix 1200 and WinCC Adv project (PC station - not HMI) possible. For now I can...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I'm new on this forum and this is my firs thread. I have problem with AB 1679-L31 tags. There are tags group (tepe INT[256]) in a...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to convert an old panelview 600 application to the 800 and I'd like to keep the current serial comms configuration instead of adding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am attempting to communicate between PC and AB compactlogix L32E Using Logix 5000. FTLinx is able to communicate via ethernet. FTLinx...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom