A-B CPU fault

Tim,

I assume that the run light is off? Do you have access to RSLogix programming software? If so, I don't have a book in front of me, but if you can go online with it, there is a diagnostic choice under one of the menus. I also seem to remember a S word that tells you why it failed. Start there. I think people here will be able to help you easier.

George

If you have logix 500 then go online as stated in the above post and drop down the box in the pic where my arrow is

It should say FAULTED in red

In there click Goto Error ( or fault, cant remember which) and it should tell you why the processor has faulted by bringing up status file S2

In there on the bottom right you will get a description as in my pic S6

edit: also try turning the keyswitch from RUN - PROG back to RUN if you havent got logix500 this may work on a non major error but you wont know what caused it witout going online

Last edited: