Control Voltage

labingtone

Hi to all,

We have a discussion regarding the correct waiting voltage of a dry contact of relay. One of my collegue have suggested that the (24V)positive voltage will go directly to the field while the negative potential(0v) will pass to a the contact of a relay.
I have control daigram of a equipment that was made from italy and they are using 24v to pass to the contact of a relay.

Please advice.

regards,

Lovington

Run 24v through relay, run 0v to field.

Reason - if you run 24V to field, and wire break on 0v resulted in short, device would actuate unintentionally (bad).

The Italians are right.

Andy

Similar Topics

Hello All, I am working with a powerflex 525 trying to get multiple speed references. I got it working on my bench and then I went out to the...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I am trying to commission a Powerflex 525 Drive but currently only have access to +24VDC, I simply want to assign Ethernet/IP Address...
Replies
Views
ok, I'm kinda new at this, I have a linear transducer that is analog out 0 to 10 volt, I have a baldor mircoflex (analog in) that I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi Team I need your advice please, what are the consideration of selecting control voltage levels in a PLC and I have already make my mind to...
Replies
Views
Last night I came across a weird situation at the plant. A hydraulic unit wasn't running, but it should have been. Closer inspection revealed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom