WinCC tag scaling

Dick G.

I'm trying to scale an analog variable tag that is used as an output to two valves. The valves are set up for "split-range" operation. One valves opens on a signal of 19200-6400. The other opens on a 19200-32000 signal. The output is a 20% offset (4-20ma) so the binary is equal to 6400-32000.

I have two tags defined in WinCC, one for each valve. I'm using the Linear Scaling function in the tag properties to display a 0-100% range so I show the respective valves position on a screen.

The scaling looks like this for the two valves:

Valve1 - 6400-19200 = 100-0
Valve2 - 19200-32000 = 0-100

When the tags display in run-time one or the other tag will "gray out" depending on the binary value of the PLCs analog output.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing some sort of math in a "C" or "VBA" function? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.