Something is wrong

Wino

Here's a trick for you all....

Try coming to this site without your cookie. Now, instead of logging in, try to view a post or two, then realize you have to register.

Maybe it's just my connection, but it took me ten minutes to find the ONE link that let's you do so.

dont know why but i have to log in to all my regular sites..It seems the puter tossed its cookies!!mmm maybee it was that rum and coke i spilled on the keyboard!!

seriously i dont know why but i have had to log in everywhere..It sucks becouse i cannot remeber a password or two..I guess i will have to register again at certain sites..

D

Wino said:
snip...
Maybe it's just my connection, but it took me ten minutes to find the ONE link that let's you do so.

Hi Wino,

Actually, there is a link on every page of the forum to register. It is here:

register.gif

It only appears if you are not registered. If you are registered it shows a link to your profile. (There is also a link at the top of every page above the menu)

I guess it doesn't stand out enough, though. Maybe I'll change the texts color. Would that have helped you if it were a different color?

Enjoy,

Can you make the default color for the cursor red so that it stands out better.

Please ??

Dan Bentler

Dan,
I do not think Phil or anyone else has control of your cursor!
Randy

Firefox & Cookies

I find that I must login manually when using Firefox. Firefox does not seem to keep its cookies, at least not the plcs.net and plctalk.net cookies. Actually, I can see there are about 11 cookies for plc.net and plctalk.net yet I still must manually login in when using Firefox.

My cookies settings are as follows
Allow sites to set cookies for the originating web site only.
Keep until they expire.
In the exceptions area I have plcs.net and plctalk.net set to allow cookies to be set.

Any ideas why I must manually login with Firefox. My micros##t explorer works fine and logs me in automatically.

CONTROL lack of ?

randylud said:
Can you make the default color for the cursor red so that it stands out better.

Please ??

Dan Bentler

Dan,
I do not think Phil or anyone else has control of your cursor!
Randy

Randy - obviously I don't - I lose it all the time.

Dan

Actually, Phil, I clicked that, but it gave me a login screen, not a register screen. That was part of the problem. I eventually found the register link that worked in a text area.

I didn't want my old nick, anyway, so I'm going to keep this one.

Cheers!

Peter Nachtwey said:
snip...
My cookies settings are as follows
Allow sites to set cookies for the originating web site only.
Keep until they expire.
In the exceptions area I have plcs.net and plctalk.net set to allow cookies to be set.

Any ideas why I must manually login with Firefox. My micros##t explorer works fine and logs me in automatically.

Hi Peter,

Are your Firefox cookies from www.plctalk.net and www.plcs.net or are they without the 'www.' part of the url? Does that match your exceptions area? Are they all 'www.'? Do you visit the site with 'www.' in the URL?

Anybody else have Firefox issues? I've been using Firefox since someone here suggested it and it works fine for me. Much better than what the other 83% of the world uses... (y)

Thanks,

Peter Nachtwey said:
I find that I must login manually when using Firefox. Firefox does not seem to keep its cookies, at least not the plcs.net and plctalk.net cookies. Actually, I can see there are about 11 cookies for plc.net and plctalk.net yet I still must manually login in when using Firefox.

i use firefox exclusively and never have this problem. i use it on both PCs running winXP and Linux. I just use the default setting for cookies and don't ever delete them.