Problems Downloading LogicMaster Demo

CaseyK

In the cornfields, on the prarie, outside Chi-Town
Paul couldn't get the LM90 Demo to unzip after downloading from the GE site, "linked" in a previous thread.

I tried on my computer, and my wifes. We can get it to download, but not install. On my computers, I have tried from both the hard drive and CD drive.

We got the same message as Paul, which says "Error opening INSTALL datafile (INSDATA.xx)".

I have my factory LM90 disks, but don't want to send them out, 'specially for a minor edit.

Any ideas???

thanks.....casey (and Paul)

With USB ports becoming popular, and many computers not even having a floppy drive, I am starting to think that my beloved LM90 is becoming endangered. But then, I still have an 8086 machine downstairs, and a 11" dot matrix. They still do a terrific job on word processing. I do regret taking Lotus-1-2-3 off my 20 meg hard drive, though! Still have a lot of 5-1/4 inch floppies, could never get a 3-1/2 to work with the old epson. Now that I think of it, I have a set of 5-1/4 disks for my first LM90, around ver 6.50, hmmmmmmmm!

Last edited:
You never know how much you appreciate your laptop, until it isn't available.

I think Bill Gates is behind this. We never had problems like this before Windows.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Paul

No luck here. It kept trying to access my a-drive. The readme doc said to reassign the drive. I don't think it will work. What is INSDATA? Installation data? I wonder if there is another download site. What are you trying to program? Can it be connect to a LAN, we could try in remote.

I was able to get 4 files into a temp folder until windows crashed. 2 had ZP1 and 2 had ZP2 extensions. there was a C9030.ZP1 and a C9030.ZP2. The other 2 were also 9030, but I don't remember the first letter. There must be a file or two missing in the download. GE must have copied the disks together, then zippped them. Maybe the need to be downloadwd to floppies? But then they still need to be unzipped. Unzipped to floppies? I don't find that option.

Has anyone actually downloaded and installed this?

Paul

CaseyK said:
I have my factory LM90 disks, but don't want to send them out, 'specially for a minor edit.
Any ideas???
If you have LM90 installed on another computer you can zip up LM90 from your running install.
Make sure that you get All of the files in the \LM90, \LM90\90-30, and the \LM90\C30S directories. Email this and/or un-zip maintaining the directory structure. It should work. If not check your config.sys etc.

GMc said:
Yes, I just downloaded the demo and then unzipped all the files.Gary

I still can't unzip what I downloaded yesterday. My downloaded file name is lm9030d.zip. I just tried to access and download again, and I get a Servor "500" error.

What are you using fror a computer and OS Gary? I think we are all using Windows 98. This has now become a major challenenge!

Thanks
Del