Proportional pneumatic valve / transducer

paulB

Does anybody know where to find not expensive proportional pneumatic valve / transducer. I am not sure what is the correct name. I am looking for device, which will change output pressure with the change of control electrical signal (input 0-10VDC, output 0-50psi). Some of the manufacturers are saying this is proportional valve, other say this is transducer. I am getting quotes around $300.00-$400.00. I need this device to control air brakes.
Thank you.

PaulB.

The term you will ususally see thrown around for these things is 'E-to-P Transducer' (written E/P) for voltage signals and 'I-to-P Transducer' (written I/P) for current signals.

I would say $300 - $400 is a reasonable price for these things.

We have had pertty good lick with Fairchild E/Ps. Take a look at this link:
http://www.fairchildproducts.com/ic/products_pdf.asp?table=fip_eptpdf&type=Electro+Pnuematic+Transducers

The T6000 sereis is a voice coil open loop model and the T7800 is a piezoelectric closed loop model.

SMC, Norgren, Proportion-Air and MAC also make E/P's as well as many others.

Keith

Thank you, guys. It seems that our vendor charges us about $100 more for the same regulators as from regulator store.
Have a good weekend and holidays.

PaulB.