Wago 750-632 Proportional valve module

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have experience w/ this module/application.

I have been tasked w/ using this module to control the flow of chemicals w/ a iQ Tesla proportional series control valve.

plc: Wago 750-862
module: 750-632

0.047 or 0.062 orifice size valve.

More to follow on the application details.

Tips, tricks, land mines?

Using mode 5 on the card. 2 valves (1 coil on each, unidirectional).
Do I need to add another pwr supply to the rack? most likely.

I am confused. 1 coil on each valve sounds more like an ON/OFF control not proportional control. that usually requires a motor of some sort - electric or air powered.

I have not used the module but there's a library available from Wago that may make your life a bit easier.

The name is: "WagoLibMC4_Solenoid" that uses your current module (750-632).

You should be able to configure and control the module via the library instead of using Wago-IO-Check.

Hope this helps.

I had a quick look at the specs & it looks like it works very much like some I/P units I have used, basically it appears that although there are a number of modes the most common is as follows, putting a setpoint into their function block then works a little like a PI controller, the outputs pulse the mark/space ration changes as it approaches set point, so in effect, assume 0 % a setpoint is posted in the function, one output will put a signal to drive the valve open, as it approaches setpoint the output pulses slowing down the rate of climb, the same goes for reducing the valve open percentage, it is not completely clear but on the surface it does appear it could work this way. I'm assuming it is some sort of 5 port centre off valve it controls in other words can hold it's position.
There seems to be some standard functions in the software similar to say a PID function.