Powerflex Setup

JamesWSY

Hi...
I used power flex 700 with speed ref from micrologix 1500 analog output (0-10VDC), 110 VAC control board, two wire control, run command from PLC to terminal 27 and terminal 25 to 110 vac com.
Parameter setup for analog input (max speed 60 Hz, Hi scale 10 VDC, min speed 0 Hz, Lo scale 0 Vdc, motor direction is unipolar.
Start the motor and give analog ref to 5 VDC and in Powerflex showing At Speed with speed command is O Hz. How to solve this problem?
Thank you.
James

The PowerFlex drive by default allows you to select Speed Reference A, Speed Reference B, or one of the Preset Speeds. This is usually done with assignments of Discrete Inputs for Speed Selection.

If you have changed none of the default parameters and have connected none of the Discrete Inputs for Speed Selection, the drive will use the reference input device selected by Speed Reference A (Parameter 90).

Speed Reference A's default value is "2", for Analog Input 2.

Change Parameter 90 to a value of "1", and change Parameter 96 (TB Man Speed Ref) to a value of "2" to avoid a conflict.

This should allow your drive to run at the freqency commanded by the voltage applied to Analog Input 1.

Is the connection for analog input (0-10vdc)is correct? Make sure you connect to terminal 1 as negative and terminal 2 as positive at control board.
Then set parameter 320(do not wrong to select the option,otherwise your wiring will not work) Analog Input Config,if you select=1 it mean souce analog is 0(4)-20mA. So for yours,must be select 0 for Voltage.
Set parameter 322 for analog Hi(10V) and parameter 323 analog lo(0).
Set parameter 090 (Speed Ref A Sel) = 1 (Analog In 1).

I am sure,if you do this,you will succed.

Important, you operate motor for unipolar direction, so ensure the command for direction already eneble before.