Export tags and value in Protool V6 to Ms. Excell

shandra_ck

Hi,

I have a question on Protool Pro CS V6.0. How do I export the tags and the current values to Excel? I archive all the tags to a archive folder to be diplayed in the trending.

Can I use the archieve file to export to Microsoft excell 2000?

Please guide.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

well... i'm using protool 6.0 lite sp/3, and simple right click to an relevant option in Project Tree (meant Screen, Messages, Tags ... ) brings up menus there teh export/import is accessible in ".csv" which can be loaded to excel - but, i never used it and export/import of tags is not working in my version (this can be caused by the lite version) - i can do it with all screens and localization texts only ...

Thanks Marius,

What I need is to export the values tht I archieved (used for historical trending). I am unable to do so. If I right click the archive the export and import button is disabled.

I guess there is a way using a command button with a export script in it. But I don't really know how to do it? Working with it now.

Any idea?

- Shandra

If you mean 'archive' in step7 it is plain zip file ... step just take your whole project and pack it ... there is no difference between files in archive and project directory ...

... tag definitions in my projects are stored in file
/TDOP/PRO.PDB ... i do not know format of it, so if your export/import items in menu are disabled (in mine are too disabled), i'm afraid your protool doesn't support this ability (question is if any version protool even support this) ...

Export to Excel from Protool 6.0

Hi,

I am still unable to export the data from Protool Pro 6.0 to Microsoft Excel.

I would like to try the script from a push button.
Can anyone send a sample script in Protool...if possible some script that can dump data to a csv file.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

You can set up archiving to run continously.

1st. Create the archive.
Specify a suitable name and location for it.
An archive of "file" type will log to a CSV file.
An archive of "databse" type will log to an ODBC database.

2nd. set archive properties for all the tags that you want to log.
You have to select an archive to log to (the one you specified above).
Most common method of logging is "cyclical", say every 10 seconds.

3rd. There is a function "Copy archive". With this you can copy the archive file to another archive. This gives the advantage that you can open the copied archive with Excel without interrupting the logging of data. If you open the original archive file you will stop the logging.

good luck.

Protool to Excel

Thanks Jesper,

I manage to view the data in Microsoft Excel, just a simple step that I miss out.

Regards

Shandra