Mitsubishi Fx2N-4AD Module x 2

Mylo

Good Evening all,

Gots myself a small problem, trying to configure 2 x Fx2N-4AD analogue input modules and not having much
success, hopefully someone here will have the answer !

The story so far.....

I have 2 x Fx2N-4AD analogue input modules as extensions to a Fx2n PLC, the first unit (closest to PLC)
I can configure the 4 channels as 0-10V via

--/startup pls/--- [ TO K0 K0 H0 K1] sweet so far

I can then read the status of this module to M320 M335, and if No errors the read the analogue values of
channels 1-4 to Data registers D11-D14 (D11=Ch1,D12=Ch2 etc) then its ok to use those registers,

-/always on bit/-------[ FROM K0 K29 K4M320 K1]
---/if not m320/-------[ FROM K0 K9 D11 K4] again sweet so far.......

the problem is I can't (Don't Know) how to configure and read the values from the next Fx2n-4AD module !

According to the limited Mitsubishi documentation, I have ample space for at least 8 modules, but I just can't figure
out how to address, the next 4AD, using the TO command, and also how to read using FROM

Any ideas ?

PS wouldn't ye know it was the first time I've had 2 modules !!
PPS using GX Developer V8.0 (If it makes a difference!)

Cheers for any suggestions

Mylo

Hey Mylo,

Bit rusty now, haven't had to do more than one expansion block in a while, but if memory serves, it is merely a matter of changing the first "K0" in your To/From instructions to "K1"-- the number is the position of the block from left to right, starting at 0. Then of course giving it different addresses to write to, so you don't overwrite the first block's values.

Extra unnecessary maybe confusing stuff:
I believe that if you want to get tricky, these K (which is the symbol for constant in Mitsi) values can be data registers ("Dxxx") and you could change the data register within your program, maybe if you had different setups for different stages of the program...

Hope this helps, as you know I out of the business for now...(y)

Hi Milo,

Like The_Wanderer told the first place of the TO(P)/FROM(P)
[TO Kx Ky S1 S2] is the adress of the special card.

Kx = adress.
Ky = buffermemory adress
S1 = Data / destination
S2 = Data/destationation lenght K1=1Word K2=dobbelword

When using specialcards be aware of the 5V supplylimit from the CPU.

Dariusch