Panelview 600 Error Code 2011 Help Me

jeirwin

I would say that about on 1 and 10 power ups, my panelview terminal ( 2711 K6C2 series C ) generates an error:

retained memory lost, presets were loaded.

This error is not that critical as the plc feeds in fresh data on power up anyways. However this error does clear out any previous alarms on my alarm list. The worst that happens is that you have to hit the enter key to clear the error on power up before my program loads up and runs. The customer is coming to visit soon and they will not be pleased with this at all.

I can't reach AB tech (suprise suprise), and my supplier is not at his desk as usual. Does anyone know how to correct this error, if even possible?

According to the manual page B-5, this means the battery-backed memory was invalid (corrupt) at start-up. There is no corrective action for this. The PanelViews do not retain alarms in battery-backed memory anyhow. Page 1-35 states that the alarm list is cleared when:

The application is downloaded to the terminal.

When the terminal is reset or power is cycled.

If retention of the alarm list is critical, you might want to consider a UPS.