1761-NET-ENI and Wonderware not working?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone would be able to lend some insight :)

I've been having problems getting a SLC 5/03 connected to the network via a 1761 Net-ENI to communicate with a station running Wonderware Client.

The NET-ENI module is configured properly, IP, Subnet, Gateway all configured properly and the IP address is seen correctly at the client station and the SLC 5/03 can be seen through RsWho from any system in the network.

Set up a DDE topic on the wonderware client but it cannot read the tags.. Tried setting up the message routing table too but still didn't get anything..

Any ideas? Is there a way to get it to work?

thanks
Chris

The problem you are having is due to the ENI. I had 6 5/04's on a network with 12 5/05's and I could never "see" the 04's unless I was using RSView or Historian / Plantmetrics. Seems that RSlinx is the key to the issue.
Also RSLinx lite wont work.
Hope this helps.

So, RSWho "sees" the controller. If it identifies the 1761-NET-ENI as a Net-ENI only, you don't have the serial connection configured correctly. If it identifies the Net-ENI as an SLC-5/03, then everything's OK on the serial side.

You didn't say if you are trying to use Wonderware's own communications driver, or use RSLinx.

If RSLinx is going to be your communication driver, you need RSLinx OEM or better for OPC connectivity. DDE connectivity (very seldom used, and not required with Wonderware) requires RSLinx Professional.

DeepSIX's situation is probably where he was using a version of RSLinx that supports OPC, but *only* to particular clients, specifically RSView and PlantMetrics. This is usually licensed as "RSLinx for RSView".

no expert on AB or RSLinx but I've got a bunch(18) PLC5s on a net with 10 WW PCs and we use a WW IO server running on the PCs. For this it is ABTCP, comes on the Device Integration disk or (I think) can be DLd.Don't know offhand if the same server is used in your case but it should be possible to get the right one. Not all PCs need it as the rest (if you have more than 1) connect to the PLC(s) through the "master" IO server. This is set up in the access names, topics and in the IO server config. For us this means we have 2 IO servers and scripting points at the primary nodename and the secondary if primary is not found. The other PCs if you have em connect through suitelink, DDE is the connection between InTouch and the IO server app. Not sure what the connexion between IOserv and PLC is - maybe NetDDE?