Eclips hardware key for GE 90-30

Mark51

I have an instrument which we invented a few years ago. I need to access the PLC (GE 90-30) to see what program steps are now loaded. The employee of mine who set up the PLC operation of the instrument passed away.

Some problems are:
1. I don't know much about PLC's but I do write code in various PC programs (Basic, C+, etc.)
2. I have the Eclips program (ver 3.01) but can't locate the 'hardware key' which is apparently necessary to use the Eclips software.

Any ideas how I can get into the operation of the PLC, either by obtaining a 'hardware key' somewhere or by using another access method into the PLC's program? I'd like to read what's there without having to start all over.

Any help would be appreciated.

If it is important to get to it right away, contact someone locally to help. An integrator in this case. If you have time, contact your local vendor and find out if you even own the software license and maybe they will be able to help get yours replaced. They might even look into the PLC for free for you right now. You really need to know the disposition of software licensing for your company, so if you don't really own a key, a purchase is necessary and the vendor will probably help you in the meantime knowing there is a sale involved.

David

My memory regarding State Logic and Eclips is fuzzy, but I think you can open the project file and see how the program is written without the hardware key. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the runtime version in the CPU can't just be uploaded from the PLC and decompiled.

I blew the dust off an old computer with Eclips loaded on it and a project appears to have files with these extensions: .bk0, .csb, .csr, .dbg, .prb, .prj, .psm, and .tg0

I don't have a State Logic CPU, so I can't try connecting to it, but I was able to open all of the projects.

I haven't used Eclips since the 90's, and did not have any hardware key. I was using Factory software, which may not have been "off-the-shelf" for the general consumer.

I agree with Steve, I think you should at least be able to access it.

My Eclips was totally independant of LM90. It was for a special CPU as I recall, and not for just any standard 9030 CPU, such as the 331.

regards.....casey

Last edited: