Synchronise PLC clocks

userxyz

Hi, (siemens question)

I have several PLC's on a Profibus network. This network is connected to my PC. The PLC's are connected via CP's to that network, there is also a local network to ET200 stations.

My question: I would like to have 1 CPU as a Date & Time Master, can I send the 8 bytes of the clock to other CPU's ?

You can also synchronise the clock of a cpu by means of it's MPI.

Go to the HardWare-Configuration of the cpu and choose the tab 'Diagnostic/Clock'. There you can synchronise the clock

- in the plc
- via MPI

You also can adjust the synchronisation-mode of the cpu

- slave: clock will come from another cpu
- master: cpu will determine the clock

Similar Topics

Our topology is Wonderware InTouch 7.1 (soon to upgrade to 10) and we have several independent Modicon 984 processors on several modbus+ hwys...
Replies
Views
Hi, These is an already working plant with HIMA PLC that has a Siemens Comfort Panel HMI connected via Ethernet. HIMA is type 51QHS. I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have only just recently started using AB software so im getting confused in a few places and dont know much, i do find it hard to find...
Replies
Views
GitHub Link: Open Industry Project This is a side project I've been working on for some time. The goal is to provide an open platform for...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Currently i'm working with Endress Hauser flowmeter and AB PLC and try to integrate with 2 items. Flow meter spec using is Promass...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom