Synchronise Modicon PLC clocks from HMI

burtonoscar

Our topology is Wonderware InTouch 7.1 (soon to upgrade to 10) and we have several independent Modicon 984 processors on several modbus+ hwys. Anyone have experience or can offer their recommendations setting up our Master-Clock and periodically write the current time to a Modicon 984 via InTouch? Thanks in advance!

Its not that difficult I think.
Generally Modicon PLCs has a Hardware Clock which uses 8 4xxx registers to store. Starting register can be configured in the controller configuration window.
4x +0 Bit 1= Set clock
Bit 2 = Read Clock
Bit 3 = Done
Bit 4 = Error

4x+1 = Day of week ( 1 to 7)
4x+2 = Month
4x+3 = Day
4x+4 = Year
4x+5 = Hour (24 hour format)
4x+6 = Minutes
4x+7 = Seconds

Similar Topics

Hi, These is an already working plant with HIMA PLC that has a Siemens Comfort Panel HMI connected via Ethernet. HIMA is type 51QHS. I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have only just recently started using AB software so im getting confused in a few places and dont know much, i do find it hard to find...
Replies
Views
Hi, (siemens question) I have several PLC's on a Profibus network. This network is connected to my PC. The PLC's are connected via CP's to that...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am stumped on how to convert a %MW to a %MF using Machine Expert Basic and a Modicon M221. The help files show a word to a double...
Replies
Views
A lifetime ago I built a couple systems with Modicon Micro84 controllers that are still running. But today one of those died and they reached out...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom