Cicode for Genies and pages

aju

Hello all,

I am trying to write a code using Cicode for creating Pages and pasting Genies to pages,

It seems to be possible using external VB application, but requirement to me is using Cicode.

Please suggest me if there is any way out for this.

Thanks,

Ajay

It is impossible to access the COM object directly from cicode. You could write an ActiveX-component that Calls the COM object and witch cicode you can call functions in the ActiveX.

It is not clear what you are trying to accomplish ... you want to create pages during runtime?? dont forget that when you make page's or change pages this way your project will need to shutdown and recompiled.

Hope this helps,

Marsu.

I'm not sure if this will help but,
Dynamically created pages are termed "Super Genies" in Citect.
You still have to draw them up and compile them, but you can dynamically call up and allocate the variables for the page during runtime.
I can't remember off hand if you can paste Genies to Super Genie pages, however you can setup equivelent graphics using colour floods or editing object properties.
The Cicode functions to use to allocate variables are the "***" (for "assign") series of functions.
"Asspopup" (don't giggle) is the function I think you want.

Hopefully this helps, I havn't programmed anything in Citect for the last 6 months and am starting to get rusty.

Doug

Edited, it seems that the rude word scrubber has removed a word from my post. The three stars are for A-s-s, as in Donkey.

Last edited:
Hi Doug/Marsupilami

Thanks for your reply for my questions.

Actually I have written one code using Visual Basic, and it works fine for me aoccrding to my requirements,

I am attaching the same to this reply, Please look in to this
please let me know is it possible to have the same functionality using Cicode

With this attached application you will just need to open the citect software, and this VB application running

This is just sample program for your reference, Hope this will clear what I exactly want to execute.

Please reply, its urgent for me.

Thanks,

Ajay

i am still not shure what you are trying to accomplish.

What you do is create a new page and placing genie's on a page.

You can't do this directly from cicode, your only choice is to create an activeX or DLL and use that in your cicode.

Greetz,

Mars