getting online on s7 300 fc's

tny

hello everyone;
i wrote an fc for 40 belt conveyors and i used it in several functions in my program.
but i can't see the i/o's definitely, how can i understand which conveyor's io's are shown in online mode?
how can i see them seperately?

Last edited:
Here is a quick fix:

Copy the FC (i.e. FC10 "MyFC") to another FC (i.e. FC11 "MyFC_test") and download the new FC to the PLC.
Change the relevant call of the original FC to the new FC. Keep the i/o as before. Download the block with the changed call.
Now you can go online with the new FC and as it is the only call to that FC it will make sense to view the data online.
When you have found out the problem, you can change everything back to as it was before.

thanks to all for the answers. yes i am using step 7.
seppoalanen, did you mean, i can get online seperately for all conveyors by using fbs?

Yes, when you monitoring FB program, there is tool to link it it's own instance-DB. But, what Jesper told, do it like he told. Test your FC-program carefully and after it works correctly, you not need to see it anymore and you save your working ours.

Br. Seppo

i use the same way with jesper. but i thougt that there must be an easier way, but i think i've mistaken :)

Variables -in FC-program- are somewhere in the PLS's free memory space. In program Call PLC takes free momory from the stack and there could be previous state what there have last time stayed. Then PLC copyes inputs to memory stack etc.

Variables -in FB-program- are in it's instance-DB. In program Call PLC copyes inputs to instance-DB and FB-program uses variables from instance-DB. When FB have executed, PLC copyes outputs from instance-DB. This means that you need 40 pcs instance-DBs for your application and 40 times more memory for variables.

I think what seppoalanen was getting at is that when viewing the Multiple Instance FBs, you can use the Debug....Operation.. menu to set the path to your particular Instance DB and see only THAT instance not all of them stepping all over each other.