detection pulse with a couple of rungs

mulderm

Hello,

I use a PLC/5 and RSLogix5 software.
How Can I detect a input pulse (I:00/00) with some program-code?
The pulse that I must detect is a false to true and
then from true to false type.

mulderm

Here is a snip from a PLC5 program where it is required that the operator remove the part at the end of a cycle and insert a new part. It requires that a dark operate photo eye first turn OFF, then back ON. Inverting the logic may give you what you want.

You could also use an OSF instruction.

PARTDETECTION209A.GIF

Last edited:
Mulderm, I also saw your post on the other borad....

The instructions you used in your solution (in line OSR) are SLC500 instructions - where as on the PLC 5 OSR is an output instruction.

In the PLC5 I would do that function like this with an OSF.

XIC I:0001/00 OSF B3:0/2 1 B3:0
XIC B3:0/1 OTL B3:0/0

Here is how I implemented a falling edge one shot in a ML1000 on a vacuum furnace. In this case, I could not use XIO B3/17 OSR ??? in this application because it would produce a single shot output on the first scan as well, which was not acceptable in this application. B3/17 had to first actually be on, then off. When that condition is met, B3/25 will be on for a single scan. This takes advantage of scan order to accomplish the falling edge single shot.

OSF90a80298.GIF

You are great Alaric.
This example is exactly what I mean, much better als
using a counter what I have used.
Many thanks,

mulderm