S7 Digital In's Out Analog In's Out Address what is the configuration for the address

tunfem

Hello,
New to Siemens step 7 series e.g S7-200,300 . Need to know from Siemens experts what are the standard addressing for Digital Input,Output and Analog Input& Output.The Internal relay bits.
Thanks.

Plucas,
I need to know how Siemens address their digital input, output and analog input & output in in the rack . I am use to allen bradely PLC. I have a job on Siemens PLC.

s7-200
BITS
I0.0, Q0.0, V0.0, M0.0
BYTES
IB0....
WORDS
IW0....
AIW0, AQW0
DWORDS
ID0....

S7-300, 400, WINAC
BITS
I0.0, Q0.0, M0.0 DB1.DBX0.0
BYTES
IB0,....DB1.DBB0
WORDS
IW0....DB1.DBW0
DWORDS
ID0....DB1.DBD0

IMAGE REGISTER ON S7-300, S7-400 AND WINAC VARIES BY CPU. EG: S7-313 IS 0-127

ABOVE THE IMAGE REGISTER- PIB128, PQB128,PIW128, PQW128,PID128, PQD128. READ DIRECTLY FROM THE CARD FOR INPUT OR OUPUT BYTE, WORD OR DWORD. THIS CAN BE USED WITHIN THE IMAGE REGISTER FOR INSTANT READS OF INPUTS OR OUTPUTS.

S7-200 ADDRESSES STARTING AT 0 EG: I0.0,Q0.0, AIW0, AQW0. ANALOG INPUTS AND OUTPUTS HAVE A SEPERATE ADDRESS RANGE THAN DIGITAL I/O. THE CPU ASSIGNS THE NEXT AVAILABLE ADDRESS TO THE NEXT MODULE. EG: 4 16 POINT DI MDOULES WOULD HAVE THE ADDRESSES OF I0.0 THROUGH I7.7 AND THEN 4 8 OUT DO MODULES ON THE SAME RACK WOULD HAVE Q0.0 THROUGH Q3.7. A 4 AI 1 AQ MODULE WOULD ADDRESS IN THE SAME RACK AS AIW0, AIW2, AIW4, AIW6, AQW0.

S7-300 ETC. ARE ADDRESSED ANY WAY YOU WANT IN THE HARDWARE CONFIG.

Last edited:
tunfem said:
Plucas,
I need to know how Siemens address their digital input, output and analog input & output in in the rack . I am use to allen bradely PLC. I have a job on Siemens PLC.

All that information can be found on the page I linked to in the training material, all you need to do is read the various documents.

Paul

Dear Paul,
don't be cruel to that guy. Maybe that would be first time for him to read anything and you wanted to force him to do it. Do you know what kind of trauma it could be to him. I'm ashamed of you. :D

🍺

Regrads,

Yes, let's face it, he already knew that he needed "Siemens experts" to answer this. There's no way anyone other than an expert would know how to address the I/O on a PLC.