can gefanuc sereis 90-30 communicate with pc

siva

hi
i am an engi. student doing a project using gefanuc 90-30 plc does it able to communicate with pc if then please tell me how?
There are two communication ports rs-232 connected to it one to program it another for external communication but i don't know how to use it, is it able to store data in it and use when ever neccesary. Please solve my problem.

You need to be running the PLC programming software to communicate with the PLC. Your school should have it available for your use, along with the proper cables and converters. As Labingtone said, the port on the power supply is RS485 and and requires a converter.

If you're talking about a CPU with a RJ11 socket (port 1) and a 15-pin socket (port 2), port 1 is RS232, port 2 is RS485. The cable from port 1 to the PC is IC693CBL316.

All of these ports default to SNP slave protocol at 19200 baud, Odd parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, no flow control. If you want to communicate with the PLC without using GE Fanuc's software, then you will need to purchase or write a serial communications driver.

Depending on the model of CPU, the PLC can have as many as 16K 16-bit internal data storage registers.

Give us more specific details about which programming software package you're using, which port on which model you're trying to use, and we can give you better help.