Searching for manufacturer of load cell's

Zimbo

Hi y'all.

I'm working at a tissue paper factory.
A few months ago, we got a new paper machine.
In this machine some load cells are used.
I am searching for the manufacturer of this load cells, but at GOOGLE there are no satisfactory matches.
Can it be that, in these days, a US company for electronic devices has no home-page?

Here is what the label on the load cell says:

apc (ape?)
Woburn MA USA
Model: ME3
Capacity: 2500kg
SerialN°: 04.10389
Sensibility: 2 mV/V

If somebody knows this company or this kind of load cell and has some more information, please help me.:geek:

NB: The spare parts by the manufacturer of the paper machine are to expencive.:angr:

Oh.... and please execuse my bad english. :rolleyes:

Not the same company, but they have a large selection, possibly a replacement match.

http://www.transducertechniques.com/

Have you tried the manufacturer of the machine? It is also possible that the load cell is actually made by someone else and relabeled by a third party vendor.

Last edited:
I know that BLH and HBM have US offices in Mass.

The load cell has a capacity of 2.5KG ? That implies a European style, and the 2mv/v is a typical sensitivity rating.

Rice Lake Weighing systems www.rls.com have a good selection of all load cell types

Ian

The ME3 made me think Mettler-Toledo and it just so happens they have an office in Woburn MA; http://us.mt.com/mt/resources/contactUs.jsp

It would have helped if we knew what kind of load cells..cannister, beam etc. I could not determine if they make your particular load cell but it could be a custom OEM design....in that case you may not be able to obtain a direct replacement.