Searching for 24VDC counter

alive15

Good morning, could anyone recommend a 24VDC pulse counter which counts up or down to a preset #? Once it reaches this number, send a 24VDC back to the PLC saying the counter is reached? For a very small application that doesn't have HMI. I will most likely count down from 100 to 0, so when it hits 0, I need a 24VDC signal back.

Thanks,

I second the CUB series. They have output option cards (relay or solid state) and a serial communications card as well that you may be able to use to have the PLC read the setpoint and value if that's valuable to you.

What frequency is the signal? Would a PLC catch it? Would a PLC have space for a counter card? Some Digital Input cards do have counter channels in them.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon, I have an application where we induction harden different areas on our assembly part using coils that wrap around and heat up to...
Replies
Views
is it just me, or has something happened with the google search when using chrome? looks likes safari on mac is ok, but edge/chrome on windoze has...
Replies
Views
Besides using BootP in the past, I am relatively new to having to look for privately addressed devices in many control networks. All of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Using FactoryTalk View SE version 9.0. Wondering if someone can help me as to whether or not I can search an entire display for instances of a...
Replies
Views
Is there any way to stop a search from finding a text string inside a sub-tag name. For example: if I'm searching for "run" ... I only want to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom