Error msg.

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
When ever I try to save this one project (online, DH+, scl 504) I get a error, it comes up with a small screen with nothing in it, except a exclamation point and a box that that has the text of OK, on the top it has Program Error then it dumps Rockwell Software.

All is good until I try to save...not good

I have a problem with RSLogix5 when I am online (DH+) with one processor and try to go online to another without first saving. The software prompts me to save, to which I respond with "yes". Then it prompts me to upload data tables before saving which I also respond yes. It seems to upload and save the file fine, then, just before connecting to the other processor, RSLogix will error and immediately shut down. I now have the habit of saving the file first (CTRL+S or mousing to the File Save menu) before selecting another processor to go online with. Then I don't get the error. I think it's a timing thing between saving a file and changing the DH+ connection. This is different than your problem, but the point is this: You may try a different method of executing the save command to see if you get the same error.

Another thing I have seen cause Windows/RSLogix errors is a corrupted database. Try exporting the database as ASCII (csv file). Then move or delete the old RSS file. Go online and upload the program, import the database from the csv file to get all your comments back, then try saving it.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you figure it out. These software quirks can be rare and solutions even more rare. It's nice for the rest of us to see possible solutions that we can search for later when the problem recurs.

Thanks
Paul C.

Thanks Paul,

What I ended up doing was loading a backup file and uploaded it that solved the issue, FYI that was the only file that I had runing at when I was trying to save, I was looking around in the program and must of accidentally changed something, I suspect something in the database also.
Thanks, again

FYI,

This is the reply back from Rockwell Software, it just took some time.
In the project you are having difficulty with, Go to File > Save/Load workspace. If there are any saved work spaces, delete them and try the online save again. You also may need to check for Save/Load workspace under File > Report Options as well.

Thanks for the replies ... I'll try the workspace thing, but I have never saved my workspace, so it probably won't help my situation. It's alright though since I've figured out not to get too click happy when saving an online project and I rarely crash RSLogix anymore.