slc5/04 error 3dh

I am using the slc 500 processor cat#1747-L542. I use logix500 english to program the plc. My problem is that when I turn off the power to the unit it will fault out with a blinking led. the error page displays a user defined error of 3dh on the major error s:6. I have changed the batteries in the unit.
all help would greatly be appreciated

If your not worried about the data on the processor you can try a reset to set it back to factory defaults that may clear the error, all you need to do is take a flat screwdriver and put it across the GND and VBB spots on the circut board.

Its located on the right side of the processor on the circut board. There just little sodered connections.

Not sure if it will work but you can give it a try.

I probably should add that if you choose to try this method you will have to set up the processor just like it was brand new.

Last edited:
Greetings Michael,

and welcome to the forum ...

did you check the “error description” window? ... it seems that your “3dh” error is supposed to indicate:

Jumper J4 on the mother board is in the "Program" position and an OS upgrade cartridge is not present. Place jumper J4 in the "Protect" position and re-download ladder program to correct this problem.

could that be your problem? ... this picture of the processor might help you identify the jumper in question ...

jumper4.JPG

normally this jumper is placed in the "Protect" position ... in other words, connecting the two right-hand pins ... I've seen several cases over the years where people have assumed that this jumper would need to be in the "Program" position in order to "program" the processor ... this is incorrect ...

hope this helps ...

Last edited:
Whilst not relevent as Ron has your solution , do NOT short GND and VBB before you pull the battery -

Wish people would be careful!!

Thankyou Ron for the help on the jumper. I was mistaken on how it works. I tried it out this morning and it did the trick.Keldog the trick with the battery worked great on clearing out the program didn't have to wait on it to power down with the battery unplugged. Ten Base T thanks for the advice on removing the battery it could help out future viewers.

Thanks
Michael Pritchett