SLC5/05 major error S:6=2Ah

Haus

I have a packing machine that is running a SLC5/04 for the past 20 or so yrs, that we are upgrading to a spare 5/05. After changing the processor in the program to the 505 and installing, I am getting this error when changing to another pack size on the HMI.
Major Error S:6=2Ah
Indexed address reference is beyond specific referenced data file.

looked up the rung that it faulted on, and it is using indexed addressing with S:24 I do see that the rung is calling for an address beyond the 256 elements in the integer data file. So I understand why its faulting.

What I don't understand is why the program runs fine in the 5/04, and not in the 5/05. And how do I get it to work on the 5/05?

Hopefully Ron or some other AB guru's will chip in to clarify, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to cross the 256 data element boundries, I can't remember the procedure to do it, maybe something needs to be set in the status file registers? It could be this has something to do with it?
This rings a bell:-

"Open your Controller Properties in RSL500 and look at the Compiler tab. There is an "Allow Indexing Across Files" checkbox."

Check out S:2/3 change from no to yes

Last edited:
Hopefully Ron or some other AB guru's will chip in to clarify, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to cross the 256 data element boundries, I can't remember the procedure to do it, maybe something needs to be set in the status file registers? It could be this has something to do with it?
This rings a bell:-

"Open your Controller Properties in RSL500 and look at the Compiler tab. There is an "Allow Indexing Across Files" checkbox."

Double click on "Processor Status". On the Main tab on the left side look for "Index across data files S:2/3" Set this to yes.