Full name of S5

rajesh kumar

What doesS5 standsfor ,if it is Step 5 programming language then what is the exact meaning of it,why we call it Step 5,and how it is different from S7,,i have searched from the Company site and Company manuals but did not get the correct answer,plz do answer it soon,i need it badly ,plz don't refer me any website for it plz plz answer it for me.
Thankyou

"S" is for "Steuerung" = "Control System".
"5" is the generation of the system, in other words there have been previous versions.
I know that there was an S3, but I dont think that there was an S4.

Why they jumped to S7 and didnt use S6 I dont know.

Similar Topics

Dear all, What is the "DFS" project full name for Siemens Step 7 program ? April
Replies
Views
Hi, Yesterday, I was at a customer site. I made one little change. Changed a dummy bool output to an actual output. I didn't add any tags, or...
Replies
Views
I know this isn't PLC related, thanks for bearing with me. Does anyone have an excel sheet to calculate full load amps for branch circuits? Im...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have rslogix processors operating at anywhere from rev 16.0 to 30.0. I have the full option of FBD routine creation in the higher...
Replies
Views
struggling to find documentation on this, I have it in my head that it overwrites itself but i dont know where i have got that from. when it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom