Ethernet 1761-net-eni Setting Problem

ahm.shi

HI PLC FAMILY,
I GOT A PROBLEM, WHILE CONNECTING, I HAVE ETHERNET DEVICE 1761-NET-ENI ABD DURING CONNECTINO PROCESS I HAVE AN ERROR ABOUT COM PORT " PORT SETTINGS ARE NOT CORRECT. IS ANYONE KNOW ABOUT PORT SETTINGS OR IS ANYONE USE SAME TYPE OF DEVICE BEFORE, IF YOU DO PLEASE REFER ME THE SETTING OR ANY SOULTION YOU HAVE I'll try.
thanks.

Have you re-run the ENI configuration utility that comes with the NET-ENI? It could be that the momory was corrupted and scrambled your configuratio settings.

net-eni

The comm port speed should be 38400 and whatever parmeters you need to upload/download.
P.s. Make sure rslinx is shut down or it will hog comm port 1 if you are using this port.Sometimes i have found you will have to do an out of box hardware/software reset on the module also before it will hold the new ipaddress.

net-eni

you can get the net-eni configuration utility here at this link although you may have to register.
I think i have attached the utility tool not sure.

HI THERE, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]
CAN U SEND ME ALSO I WANA LET U KNOW THAT I JUST WANT TO TEST THE DEVICE EVEN I TRY TO INSTALL @ ANOTHER COMPUTER WHERE RSLOGIS WAS NOT INSTALLED SO KEEPING IN MIND CAN YOU PLZ SEND ME THE INFO WHATEVER YOU HAVE THANKS

had a similar problem recently. Had to install on a PC with no other rockwell products on it then it would go on my laptop no problems at all...

download & upload to/from Compactlogix via 1761-NET-ENI SER. D

Hi, everyone.

I'm trying to communicate with a compactlogix 1769L32E via a 1761-NET-ENI ser D, cause I need to do it by using the RS-232 protocol between PLC and NET-ENI and using ethernet between PC and NET-ENI.

I have configured the NET ENI with IP 192.168.4.17 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and a gateway and mi PC with 192.168.4.12 Same subnet and gateway. Using RSLINX with an ETHERNET DEVICES driver, I can see the net eni icon and the root with DF1 protocol, and I can see the PLC processor Icon but with a red "X" on it, so I can not download and upload using rslogix5000.

I tried to check the NET ENI configuration using the ENI/ENIW utility, but now it's not possible to upload the configuration and a popup appears saying "Unable to connect to ENI, please check cable/port settings" and I don't know if that's why I save the configuration in the ROM.

With all of this, I just want to know the following:

Is it possible to download and upload programs using RSLOGIX 5000 via NET ENI (ETH BETWEEN PC AND NET ENI AND RS232 BETWEEN PLC AND NET ENI)?

should I have configured with message routing in ENI/ENIW Utility writing down the IP of the PLC (192.168.3.15 this address is going to use in an other network)?

I will thank your help.

C you