ET200 anyone

shandra_ck

Hi,

I am looking for ET200 software and need to backup a EEPR0M.

Currently I have version 4.1, Step5 version 7.23. But unable to read the eeprom. I am using an external prommer.

How do I do it? I really appreciate if you anyone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

I haven't used COM ET200 in years, I upgraded to Com Profibus V5.1. The external prommer parameters are setable in this version, i.e, you set whether the prommer is serial or parallel. Are these settings available with COM ET200 V4.1?

Is there any reason why you can't read the configuration straight out of the IM308 (with the eeprom plugged in)?

Have you successfully read an eeprom with this prommer in the past?

Paul

Thanks for the reply.

I thought the only way to read the EEPROM is via COM ET 200. If it can be read via Com Profibus , can you please send the software to me.I don't have it and its not in the Siemens website too.

My email id: [email protected]

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

Further question.

The EEPROM is from IM308B module. Can I use Com Profibus to read this EEPROM?

The IM803B module was connected to OP25. What I need to do is replace this OP25 with MP370. That's why I need to retrieve the data from EEPROM and reconfigure.

Do I need a gsd file to add the MP370 in the configuration (IM803B)?

shandra_ck

First of all, Com Profibus is the Windows version of Com ET200, so yes you can read the eeprom from the IM308B with this software.

I cannot send it to you as it is too large to email, plus I make a point of not replying/sending emails to @yahoo.com or @hotmail.com email address's, sorry. Ask your Siemens rep for a copy.

I assume that you will need the GSD file for the MP370, I would check this with your Siemens rep, the MP370 is not listed in the version of Com Profibus that I have, that doesn't mean that you can't use it, it just means that the GSD file for it didn't come in the software, you will have to import it. I would state that as the MP370 is a 'new' HMI, you will probably need to install Com Profibus V5.1 SP2 hotfix 1, or even SP3 to handle the larger GSD file required for the latest Siemens equipment. The service packs and hotfixs are available from the Siemens website.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I already send a mail to Siemens and contacted them. Still waiting for the reply.
I need the file quite urgently. If you can send it to me, it will be very helpful.

I have COM ET200 for pg (Version 4.2). I did install this software but after installation there was a message stating "out of environment space". Installed at Dos Version 6.22, its toshiba notebook.
Do you have any idea why this message appear? There was enough hard disk space in the drive (notebook).

And I tried the same software at a pc running on Windows 98SE. But once I opened the ET200 program, the program hang up.
Any idea why?

Thank you.

Regards,
Shandra

shandra_ck said:
but after installation there was a message stating "out of environment space". Installed at Dos Version 6.22, Do you have any idea why this message appear? There was enough hard disk space in the drive (notebook).

That is probably because there was not enough base memory to run Com ET200.

shandra_ck said:
And I tried the same software at a pc running on Windows 98SE. But once I opened the ET200 program, the program hang up.
Any idea why

Com ET200 is a DOS program and as such doesn't like running in a DOS window, either that or your hard drive is formatted as FAT32 not FAT16 and the program doesn't like FAT32, some of the 'older' DOS programs I pursuade to run in a window will only run if the hard drive is formatted as FAT16.

They are my guesses as to the answers to your questions.

Paul

shandra_ck said:
Thanks Paul.

I already send a mail to Siemens and contacted them. Still waiting for the reply.
I need the file quite urgently. If you can send it to me, it will be very helpful.

I have COM ET200 for pg (Version 4.2). I did install this software but after installation there was a message stating "out of environment space". Installed at Dos Version 6.22, its toshiba notebook.
Do you have any idea why this message appear? There was enough hard disk space in the drive (notebook).

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Regards,
Shandra

Hi, Shandra,
Can't believe that you have the same problem like I have now. but you are more lucky than me, I am working hard to try to get a Com ET200 V4.x dos version software now. I am doing the same kind of project like u, IM308-B , and I have an external Prommer and Com Profibus V5.0. But I know Com Profius will never work for IM308-B. and I just sent email to Siemens Support today and waiting for reply to get the software.
I wondering whether you can send me a copy of Com Et200 software you are using now and let me take a try.If you can send me one, it will be great. my email: [email protected].
and by that we can work on the same issue together.
Thanks.

Hi,

I manage to read the EEPROM using the PG version of Com ET 200. Try that.

Because I have to work with the MP 370, I am replacing the IM 380B with IM 308C.
I use Com Profibus Version 3.3 and write the old profibus configuration
using Com Profibus V3.3 on a Flash memory (IM308C).

Let me explain in details what I have done.

Old configuration. IM 308B with EEPROM

1. Use Com ET 200 on a PG and read EEPROM.
2. Backup the file as xxx (for example).

New configuration (IM 308C with Flash memory)

1. Use Com Profibus V3.1 to create a new Profibus configuration file yyy(for example)
Then I use the xxx file (from Com ET 200 ) to create a same
configuration file in Com Profibus V3.1 - yyy
The profibus configuration was converted one by one from xxx to yyy.

2. Then the converted (new) profibus configuration file was loaded to flash
memory and inserted into IM 308C.

3. At the CPU rack, I take out the IM308B and replaced it with IM 308C.

4. Stop and start (run) CPU .

5. The CPU remain in STOP mode BUT the IM308C was in run mode.

Is there any setting that I missed out or any configuration that must be
done on S5 program ?

shandra_ck said:
Hi,

I manage to read the EEPROM using the PG version of Com ET 200. Try that.

Because I have to work with the MP 370, I am replacing the IM 380B with IM 308C.
I use Com Profibus Version 3.3 and write the old profibus configuration
using Com Profibus V3.3 on a Flash memory (IM308C).

Let me explain in details what I have done.

Old configuration. IM 308B with EEPROM

1. Use Com ET 200 on a PG and read EEPROM.
2. Backup the file as xxx (for example).

New configuration (IM 308C with Flash memory)

1. Use Com Profibus V3.1 to create a new Profibus configuration file yyy(for example)
Then I use the xxx file (from Com ET 200 ) to create a same
configuration file in Com Profibus V3.1 - yyy
The profibus configuration was converted one by one from xxx to yyy.

2. Then the converted (new) profibus configuration file was loaded to flash
memory and inserted into IM 308C.

3. At the CPU rack, I take out the IM308B and replaced it with IM 308C.

4. Stop and start (run) CPU .

5. The CPU remain in STOP mode BUT the IM308C was in run mode.

Is there any setting that I missed out or any configuration that must be
done on S5 program ?

Hi Shandra,
I have successfully resolved my problem now.I installed the ComET200 DOS version software under win98, and it works well with my external Prommer.I can read/write the EEPROM easily.The Comet200 PG version will never work in a normal PC.
ok, back to the problem you have now,I had the same situation like u again after I changed the network configuration(I deleted 2 OP slaves and 2 valve bank slaves),the cpu stop and the IM308-B runs in green. so I opened Step5, went online with the cpu, checked the PLC info Bstack, it tells you where the program stopped,in my case, the plc Program called FB58(an OP/plc communicaiton function)to find the OP that I deleted,but can't find it, that cause the PLC stopped. So I just deleted those codes and then everything goes fine.
In your case, and as I remember, MP370 might probalbly have different communicaiton Function Blocks than OPs.So I would suggest u first check the plc program stop point(by go online with the s5 plc,check the PLC info BStack),it will tells you where the program stopped.if the plc stops because the communication functions, then probalbly you need to contact Siemens to get the correct Function Block for MP370.
hope this will help u a little bit.
Stanley

Thanks Stanley.
The MP370 that I mentioned is not connected to the network yet.

Currently I am working with the old confiuration. In the same rack there is another IM308C. Which means there are two IM308C now at the rack. And there is no changes on the other modules or hardwares.

Do you think the CPU has a problem to detect two IM308C? Is there any configuration need to be done on the Profibus configuration file to differentiate both IM. I followed the same configuration as on IM308B for the new IM308C. IM308C module is on run mode. So I assume that the configuration is correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am not able to check the PLC BStack, I'll do that when I go to the site.I prefer to do full preparation before I go there again.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

shandra_ck said:
Do you think the CPU has a problem to detect two IM308C? Is there any configuration need to be done on the Profibus configuration file to differentiate both IM.

shandra,

There will only be a problem if both IM308C's are addresses as the same number.

In Com Profibus, under master parameters, check what you have set the 'number of the IM308C' as. This should not be the same for both IM308C's.

im308c.JPG

They can have the same profibus address, but not be numbered the same, if you have one number as 0, set the second one as 16.

If the IM308C is in run mode, then that means that it is happy with the configuration on the drops on the profibus network connected to it, it doesn't mean that all is well with the card and the PLC.

Paul