Badge reader Profibus

I tried http://www.profibus.org and did a search under the "Products" tab for 'magnetic'. There were nine results, but none of them seem suitable. Perhaps if you try this you can enter different search terms which may produce better results. These products are a list of Profibus devices certified by the Profibus Organisation.

Regards

Ken

We needed to do the same thing and what we ended up doing was using a wago programmable field controller with an RS-485 serial module. We found several vendors that supported that for their readers. We then wrote a library function to deliver the information to the PLC in the format required for the PLC program. Maybe could be done simpler if there is a serial to profibus node that can parse the data for you.

Darren

Similar Topics

Hi, I am new here and have a question i am unable to find a solution for. Is it possible to connect an HID badge reader to a Micorlogix 1200 to...
Replies
Views
Hello, In my spare time (hahah) I am working on a project to control access to a bunch of Proface HMI's. To meet some of our quality standards we...
Replies
Views
Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
Hello! First time poster, been reading forums ever since I graduated. I am calling on the PLC gods to hopefully help me through an issue with the...
Replies
Views
Years ago, we had a PLC-5 here running some "Supervisory" Utilities Logic. It had (still has) a Wonderware front-end. It was reading multiple...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom