Comm. S7 => S5 urgent

Goodmorning,

We have at our plant a communicatie between a Honeywell TDC 3000 and a SIemens S5/S7. We use the S5 for seriel communicatie because S7 couldn't at that time of year.
Now the communicatie between de S5 and the TDC3000 is working but the profibus connection between the S5 and one of the S7 plc's isn't. We use an FC AG_SEND in the S7 to transfer databloks towards the S5. In the working PLC the parameter "ID" is set to 1 on the not working PLC this parameter "ID" is set to 2. The ID number in the S5 is also set to 1.

Now my question: what is the purpose of the ID-number and should they be all the same?

Rudi

I've never used AG_SEND, so this is based on the help files. There it states that the ID-number is the "Verbindungsnummer" that is defined in NetPro (access via CPU -> Verbindungen in Simatic Manager). The second column is the Partner ID and I assume this is what you require. As is normal with IDs, I would expect they must all be different.

Edit:

Afterthought - is there any LED activity visible on the CPs? Possibly you could try swapping the two CPs between the S7s, if they are the same type. Which CPs are you using in the S7s?

Last edited:
Rudi

The parameter ID refers to the 'connection' number set in Netpro when the configured connection was set up.

Highlight the CPU in question in netpro, then down the bottom of the screen is your connection table, the ID number should correspond with the 'local ID' and the 'partner ID' displayed here.

Just picking up on what Roy said regarding the LED's on the CP, I believe that for the point to point connection (ethernet) then a cross-over cable should be used.

Paul

Just picking up on what Roy said regarding the LED's on the CP, I believe that for the point to point connection (ethernet) then a cross-over cable should be used.
Hi Paul,

I assumed that since he said Profibus rather than Profinet that he did mean Profibus. However, if it is a point-to-point Ethernet link (as opposed to hooking into a normal Ethernet Network), then you're right, you do need a cross-over cable.

Roy,

Nice to see you back, hope you had a good holiday...

Back to the post, Rudi was talking about the FC AG_SEND (FC5), this FC is for use with CP343's, ethernet CP's, not profibus or profinet.

I also used the term 'point to point' to indicate that the connection was CP to CP, not CP to hub (or router) to CP, hopefully that term didn't get lost in the translation of English to Flemish/English

Paul

P.S I hope I haven't upset Rudi by assuming he is a Flemish speaker and not French. :confused:

Paul,
one of us (at least) is confused. According to the help files FC5 can be used for either Ethernet or Profibus and in addition to the CP343 there is also mention of a couple of CP342s, although since I'm on site at present, I haven't got a catalogue handy to check out what sort of CP that is.

Could it be that I'm misreading the help files (in German) and FC5 is only for Ethernet and FC50 (AG_LSEND) for Profibus? If anything, since I assume that the "L" stands for long (i.e. >240 Bytes), I would have expected it to be the other way round.

By the way, I did enjoy my holiday, getting used to getting up at 6:30 instead of 10:00 isn't as much fun though! :(

RMA said:
According to the help files FC5 can be used for either Ethernet or Profibus and in addition to the CP343 there is also mention of a couple of CP342s,

Ah, yep, you are right, FC5 and FC6 can be used for Profibus FDL connections via CP's as well as ethernet, I always associate FC5 and FC6 (and FC50 and FC60) with ethernet CP's, as I don't 'do' FDL connections, when I think of profibus CP's I alway associate FC1 and FC2 (DP_SEND and DP_RECV) with them, so perhaps the confusion is on my part.

Either way, the ID parameter still refers to the connection number set up in netpro.

Paul

Hi,

I don't get upset that quickly, I always can appriciate a joke.
The CP-cards in the S7 or CP443-5 extended in the S5 is an CP5431 order number 6GK1-1543... We or talking here about profibus dp
I don't quit understand if I should either put the ID's to the same number or use different numbers. I've been told that the ID number is same kind of streetnumber wich those three CP or using to communicate. But all depend on the configuration in de CP-card of the S5. I don't get it

Rudi

Fritz_frederix said:
The CP-cards in the S7 or CP443-5 extended in the S5 is an CP5431 order number 6GK1-1543... We or talking here about profibus dp

Ah, the mist slowly rises and the confusion dissapears...

Ignore what I have posted in the past, I obviously didn't know what I was talking about!

This link might be of some help to you Rudi...

Click here for the link

Paul

Thanks Paul,

This could be very useful, I also did a search on the siemens website but i didn't found this entry.
I'll keep you informed.

Rudi

Hello Paul and Roy,

Problems are solved thanks to the last post of Paul and the information received of Roy. Now to clearify what the ID number means.
The ID is used only in the S7 software and hardware configuration infact the purpose is, that the software (FC5) knows to which CP-card (hardware conf.) he should talk to. So it doesn't matter if it's the number 1,2. It is also PLC driven, that why in the other PLC you could also use the same ID.

Rudi