WR2 compensation

JamesWSY

I want to calculate wr2 compensation on winder application (inertia compensation during accel and decel). How to calculate it? Any formula?
Thank you for suggestion.
James

Well, WR² varies as the square of the speed ratio. So, if you know the WR² of the roller and you know the gear ratio you can calculate the WR² seen by the motor:

WR² motor = WR² load x (rpm load ÷ rpm motor)²

where WR² is in l-ft²

If you want to calculate the WR² itself, I direct you to most any mechanical engineering handbook, such as Machinery's Handbook, Mark's Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, etc. Many VFD applications handbooks have formulas for simple shapes such as cylinders, discks, etc. I know the Cutler Hammer Adjsutable Frequency Drive Application Guide does, and so does the corresponding Allen Bradley guide. These are available online.