Siemens 315 2DP comm. with Danfoss drive

manmeetvirdi

Hi there,
I'am writing a program in Simatic Manager( CPU 315 2DP), which comunicates with Danfoss drives (VLT 5000) via Profibus DP.
In hardware configuration I have selected PPO type 5.

I have written these lines to read data from drive.

CALL SFC 14 ;Reads data from Standard DP Slave.
LADDR :=W#16#178 ;Address of Drive
RET_VAL:=#temp
RECORD :=P#DB10.DBX20.0 ;Place where data is bing stored.

My question is in which Word will the value of Frequency get stored ?????
Will it be DB10.DBW20 or DB10.DBW30 ? or some other location?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Regards,
Manmeet.

I once came across the same problem but ended up using the simplest PPO where you send and read the frequency and control words. If you animate the VLT from your hardware configuration you will be able to see the word and vary both the control and frequency.

Good luck