Fiberglass Console

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have leads for a manufacturer of fiberglass slope-top control consoles? I'm coming up blank from the usual suspects. Thanks.

Joe

Thanks for the link, Terry, but I couldn't find any fiberglass consoles, only steel. The engineer on this job is requiring fiberglass only on a 64 inch wide control console. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

You could contact Stahlin / Rob Roy (www.stahlin.com) I don't see consoles in their catalog, but a phone call could find out if they do specials. The same is true of Vynkier.

If corrosion resistance is the objective most suppliers, such as Hoffman or SCE or Hammond, have NEMA 4X stainless steel available coresponding to most products they offer in carbon steel. This may be more expensive than a standard FRP enclosure if you can find it, but would probably be less expensive than a special.

If there is another reason you need FRP then you could go to a custom fiberglass fabricator. Expect to pay a lot for tooling as well as the part.