daylight savings time

Here's a quick and dirty generic approach for the United States that does not involve resetting the PLC's RTC.

Month=April DOW=Sunday DOM<8 Hour=2 DST
----] [---------] [--------] [----] [-----(S)-

Month=Oct DOW=Sunday DOM>24 Hour=2 DST
----] [---------] [--------] [----] [-----(R)-

RTC _____________
--] [-------------| ADD |
| RTC_Hour |
| 1 |
| Actual_Hour |
|_____________|

RTC _____________
--] [-------------| ADD |
| RTC_Hour |
| 0 |
| Actual_Hour |
|_____________|

Use Actual_Hour instead of RTC_Hour in your program. The 'DST' bit must be retentive.

Last edited:
I assume you meant DST and NOT DST as the two enabling contacts to your ADD blocks. What happens if the PLC isn't turned on at the particular changeover hours?

Similar Topics

We have a client with 24/7 operations with batch reports that include queries of process values from an FT Historian. They do the reports in SQL...
Replies
Views
Finishing up my first project with a Do-More PLC to install tomorrow morning. I'm working on small details.... like automatically adjusting for...
Replies
Views
Using GSV WallClockTime and LocalDateTime, when I check the box "adjust for Daylight Savings" it advances the time by one hour. What is the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have four slc 505 processors on an ethernet/IP network. I would like to be able to change the time and date in only one of the processors...
Replies
Views
I searched for an example of how to adjust for daylight savings time, but I could not find one anywhere. So after considerable thought and time...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom