Daylight Savings Time RSLogix500

Where I have Red Lions, I use SNTP services and, if needed, push that data into the PLC clock registers.

I also make the time user editable (rights restricted) if the system isn't networked.

Last edited:
error in program

I was just about to use the code because we have problem with a new counting that is time base. As I was going the the program, I notice that there is an error in the program. In subroutine, DOY, rung 5 is duplicate of rung 4. There are two checks for May and none for June. Just in case anyone is using, you may want to update this.

DSTAdjustment for Studio 5000

Does anyone have an exemple of how to activate the DaylightSavingTime option automatically when a button is pressed on the HMI or on a timed event, maybe with a SSV instruction or something. I have found the Attribute Name: DSTAdjstment in the SSV instruction, but I am not sure how to make it work yet.

The PLC will be stand alone and not linked with a computer or any connection other then the PLC and HMI.

Can anybody help me on this one?:confused:

I have tried this but it does not work:

XIC(HMI_CHANGE_CLOCK)SSV(WallClockTime,,DSTAdjustment,Apply_DST[0]);

Last edited:
Does anyone have an exemple of how to activate the DaylightSavingTime option automatically when a button is pressed on the HMI or on a timed event, maybe with a SSV instruction or something. I have found the Attribute Name: DSTAdjstment in the SSV instruction, but I am not sure how to make it work yet.

The PLC will be stand alone and not linked with a computer or any connection other then the PLC and HMI.

Can anybody help me on this one?:confused:

I have tried this but it does not work:

XIC(HMI_CHANGE_CLOCK)SSV(WallClockTime,,DSTAdjustment,Apply_DST[0]);

Have you set up the DST adjustment to the minutes you want to adjust it by ? Usually 60, but there are a couple of time zones where DST adjusts by 30.

Here's what I would do, note the ONS instructions so it doesn't do it every scan....

Use Instruction Help, and you will see that DST_AdjustMinutes is an INT tag, and DST_Enable is a SINT...

2016-11-12_000714.jpg

Last edited: