Daylight Savings Time

lifetech

Hello
I have four slc 505 processors on an ethernet/IP network. I would like to be able to change the time and date in only one of the processors and have the other three automatically update this info. I was thinking about using the MSG instruction sent from the "master" and read by the three slaves.
Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

I have the Logix5000 Clock update tool running on my SCADA server, which takes care of all my AB time syncing needs. v2.4.2 is a free download currently found here.

Do you have an HMI? I usually assign an HMI workstation as the Time Server and have it set all of my PLC clocks via a script.

This sounds like the way for me to go. There are nine HMI s on this network also.... Can you give me an example as to how I would set this up?
Many thanks for your help!

This sounds like the way for me to go. There are nine HMI s on this network also.... Can you give me an example as to how I would set this up?
Many thanks for your help!

In InTouch, I would first determine the node name on start-up with an Application Script.

GetNodeName ( NodeName, 32 );

"NodeName" is a Memory Message tag.

I would then run a condition script to trigger the time set.
In this example, the script condition is: $Hour == 23 AND $Minute == 30 AND $Second == 0

This sets the PLC clock(s) at 11:30 PM.

IF NodeName == "HMI_1"
THEN
ABPLC1_Year = $Year;
ABPLC1_Month = $Month;
ABPLC1_Day = $Day;
ABPLC1_Hour = $Hour;
ABPLC1_Minute = $Minute;
ABPLC1_Second = $Second;

ABPLC2_Year = $Year;
ABPLC2_Month = $Month;
ABPLC2_Day = $Day;
ABPLC2_Hour = $Hour;
ABPLC2_Minute = $Minute;
ABPLC2_Second = $Second;
ENDIF;

The "ABPLCx_xxx" tags are I/O Integer tags referencing the S:xx System tags in the PLCs.

The "$xxxx" tags are InTouch System Integer tags.