STEP5 - USB Help

rodrigozampa

Hello.
We have a situation where we have several PCs with Win2k an WinXP. We are normally using an 232-tty interfase. But now we've buyed some laptops that don't have an 232 port.
I've tryied what i've readed in this forum to use an usb-232 converter with those tty interfases. but there is no connection to the plc. We've tryied to configure the converted port as com4, com1, etc. but allways the same response from the plc.
We are using a 7.21 step5 version and we can not use any other program for this (at least not any other than a siemens orig. soft)
has any one being able to use this configuration? how did you entablish the connection? Did you must use any special driver??

Similar Topics

Hello Chaps I'm usually a BMS controls engineer however we get sent on call outs to fix PLC systems. I have a job where I need to connect to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm trying to migrate an ald S5 PLC(S5-95U). In the code there is a call to a FB25. I don't know anything about this block and I need...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a one off job to modify some Siemens Step5 software at a local factory. The PLCs are S5-100U (CPU103). I have uploaded the PLC code...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone! I just became a member of this great site. I have a PLC program from an S5-100U PLC, and now I want to make a PDF report of all...
Replies
Views
Good evening, everyone, someone can tell me what is the best configuration to print my program from Step 5
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom