Toshiba Prosec M40 - sofware + hardwarekey + Cable

Hello,

I have some troubles to communicate with my old Toshiba PLC.
Where can I find the software to program my M40 PLC & do I need an hardwarekey to do this.

What kind of cable do I have to use and where can I buy this.

I already have an software version downloaded from Toshiba , but this one is asking for an hardware key, I don't know where I can buy this key ???

Please give me some advice,

Best Regards

Bart Jan mellink

Toshiba communications

Hi Jan, i assume you are using expdd which requires a key attached to the printer port to do anything usefull. Expdt is another option that does not need a key but does not support offline editing. Regarding the comms cable, the rs 232 data is converted in a black box to a current loop format. I suspect a max 232 chip or similar but have not found circuits to suit. A search for such devices will turn a few up from automation comms suppliers. Good luck, Brenton.

Brenton Dixon said:
Hi Jan, i assume you are using expdd which requires a key attached to the printer port to do anything usefull. Expdt is another option that does not need a key but does not support offline editing. Regarding the comms cable, the rs 232 data is converted in a black box to a current loop format. I suspect a max 232 chip or similar but have not found circuits to suit. A search for such devices will turn a few up from automation comms suppliers. Good luck, Brenton.
Hi, yes you are understand my problem

I don't have an hardware key but i have the communication cable wo provides expdt programming online.

Where can I find the Expdt software ??
Maybe you have an idea

Thanx

M20

Bart, have you contacted a local Toshiba office for support, they may have a copy available. This and other obsolete software was available for download from toshi but seems to have disappeared.
Brenton.

yes I have, but Toshiba doesn't support the M40 any more so I can 't find the program any where.

Do you haven an suggestion where I can find he software ?? I really need it to adjust te program,

Bart Jan