Toshiba Prosec T2 PU215N upload required

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a machine with a Toshiba Prosec T2 PLC with a PU215N CPU. The PLC's BAT LED is on. Luckily, at this stage, the Run LED is also on. Therefore, we need to try to get an upload as soon as possible. We're a used machinery merchant, so we don't have access to the code by any other means, barring a plea to the OEM (which, somewhat understandably, often falls on stony ground).

Is someone able to tell me what software and cable I need and where I might obtain them?

Also, what battery do I need to replace the dying one?

Thanks in advance.

I've found the User's Manaual and, unusually, the BAT LED being on steady is the normal, healthy condition. I'm figuring I still ought to change it, to give maximum life, especially if we're unable to get an upload. The Toshiba part number is EX25SER6. I can see one vendor on eBay selling them for $47.40. Does anyone know the non-Toshiba part number, if such a thing exists?

The programming software appears to be T-PDS. I've found a download for the software but the archive is password-protected. I know that this would have been paid-for software but it's long obsolete. Would any kind soul be able to pm the password to me?

The cable appears to be a CJ905 (Toshiba part number TCJ905*CS). I've found a manual that gives the pinout - see attachment

Toshiba have offered the T-PDS password for $250. My boss is considering their kind offer :)