Calibration report in Step7?

Karsten

Hello,

We are about to quote a system to a customer. We will quote a S7-300 system since the customer requests Siemens. I am not a Siemens expert but we will hire a programmer for the programming.

The customer requests to make a calibration report for Analogue sensors. Is there a standard function for calibration reports in Step 7 when configuring analogue inputs?

Best Regards

Well dependent on the device you are looking to calibrate ....?

I have just done a job where the customer insisted on ( correctly ) changing the 12 bit analogue inputs to 16 bits , and 3 wire RTD's to 4 wire , then we calibrated the devices with an Calista oil bath heater that proved to be 1C out !!

In general, you should create calibration sheets as it's not only the plc analogs that need checking but the whole lot if you use pt100/4-20ma converters or 3/4 wire rtd's as there may be errors generated by each instrument. You should create a sheet for each sensor channel, use an appropriate calibration source i.e. for temperature a drywell or simular that has a current calibration certificate, this needs to be entered on the sheet.
The most common way is to create a spreadsheet with the analog channel details, x number of calibration points i.e. 0, 20, 30, 50, 100 Deg C then columns for the measured value, correction if any etc. the equipment & method of calibration, the certificate if using UKAS or other standard pertaining to the country you are in.