Protool RT File

STL???

Hi,
I'm currently looking at a preinstalled S7300 system with a siemens industrial PC attached via profibus. The manufacturer has provided the S7 project and operating disks for the PC.

Whilst looking at the project i checked out the TDOP folder which contains 2 files: PRO.FUD & PRO.TFY, i dont have any experience with runtime applications and my question is are these just compiled runtime files which are uneditable (like Prosave type) or are they source files ?

I have tried to open them unsuccessfully with Protool Pro v6.0 SP3

What am i missing here?

Thank you for any light you can shed on this

STL

I'm just running on a normal PC and I don't have the *.FUD files, so that may be something to do with it being an Industrial PC.

With the forewarning that I use ProTool Pro, which may have minor differences to simple ProTool, the main files are PRO__0*.PDB which is the program file, editable in ProTool Pro and PRO__0*.fwd which is the Run-time module. Apart from that there are various database files *. dbf, *.dbx, *.mdx and *.tfy + your *.tfy.

If you haven't got the *.PDB file, then you probably haven't got the source, unless it's been renamed and hidden somewhere. Try a search for PRO*.* - you might get lucky!

Last edited:
Hi RMA,

Thanks for the Runtime File breakdown, i searched the archives but couldn't place that information.

I opened up the *.FUD file in Ultraedit and in between all the (ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ &  ÿÿÿÿ B ÿÿ  ÿÿ ÿ  ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿËT ÿÿÿÿ)
i came across this text:

Basic screen OP17

Events Alarms Screens Record
³ ³ ³ ³
³ StatVAR ³ForceVAR ³ System Password
³ ³ ³ ³ ³ ³ ³ ³ @
Password processing

So i'm at a loss! there certainly isnt no OP17 on the Cell

I have been on there website and looking through there press releases i found they now offer there own runtime enviroment - so the next thing to find out is whether its a VB C++ etc Homegrown creation or a solution using siemens hmi software.

I'd like to try and establish first what the system is before interrogating the physical console. we must have some sort of backup solution for this even if its just an image of the C Drive!

Thanks again

STL