Compactlogix & Intouch

ArnoB

My Intouch ver 9.5 does not read the tags on my compact logix PLC L32E. I'm using Ethernet to communicate. The Compact logix is using firmware ver 15.04.

The error message I receive in WWClient is that the TAG is not defined in the PLC processor, although it is.

I have correct comms setup with SMC, I checked that I have comms with the PLC. It seems that I can't read 'inside' the PLC.

Can this be a L32E firmware bug?

I've got InTouch 9.0 talking to a 32E without any problems. I use the DASABCIP DA Server. Here's something to try, about 5 pages down in the DAServer configuration you'll find the option "Optimize User Defined Data Types". If this is checked, UNCHECK it, stop the server, re-start the server and try again.

Also, double check that the tagname is spelled exactly the same in the item name field as it is in the 32E database.

Also, is this a Program tag or a Controller tag. Program tags use the following syntax

Program:<Program_Name>.<Tag_Name>

So if I'm accessing a tag named "StartMotor1" in my 32E in a program called "mixer", the Wonderware item name for this tag would be Program:mixer.StartMotor1