step motors with direct logic

ready961

Hello

I'm trying to program my first step motor. I have a Sure Step setup from Automation Direct with a DL06 PLC. My final goal is to have the motor rotate 36 degrees and dwell for a given amount of time over and over.

I have programed the PLC with the example on page 3-48 of DL06 user manual. I have figured out how to change all the velocities and target positions. My problem is I have to hold the button for x3 input for the motor to rotate and once it reaches the taget position I can not restart it. I have to unplug and replug in the PLC to restart the process. How do I change this??

Thanks

Hi Dude you are almost there. I have used this product with great suscess. Although you need to find the right speed and ACC to prevent "slippage".
Y0, which initiates the motion profile, must be latched ON for motion to continue. When motion is completed "SP104" you use "PD" output to unlatch the Y0. Just use a typical Latching circuit where the PD bit which is turned on by the SP104 is NC.

C0 C1 Y0
--||------------|-------|/|------------------------( )
Y0 |
--||------------|

SP104 C1
--||-----------------------------------------------------( PD )

Also you must Clear the Accumulator in CTA76 and pulse Y1 at the end of each move.

C1
--||------------------------------------------------|----( LDD )
| K0
|----( OUTD )
| CTA76
|--- (PD Y1)

Good Luck

OJ

Last edited:
Sorry the logic didn't print an I entered it

Having problem with displaying the above ladder correctly. I can perhaps attach the DL06 File or insert a .bmp or a .jpg.

OJ

Here you go, Orn...

Orn Jonsson said:
Hi Dude you are almost there. I have used this product with great suscess. Although you need to find the right speed and ACC to prevent "slippage".
Y0, which initiates the motion profile, must be latched ON for motion to continue. When motion is completed "SP104" you use "PD" output to unlatch the Y0. Just use a typical Latching circuit where the PD bit which is turned on by the SP104 is NC.

C0 C1 Y0
--||------------+-------|/|------------------------( )
|
Y0 |
--||------------+

SP104 C1
--||----------------------------------------------( PD )

Also you must Clear the Accumulator in CTA76 and pulse Y1 at the end of each move.

C1
--||-----------------------------------------+----( LDD )
| K0
|
+----( OUTD )
| CTA76
|
+----(PD Y1)

Good Luck

OJ